Re: cd-rw on ibook2

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 22:25, Gary Sandine wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 14:01, Guido Amoruso wrote:
> > is it ok to have multiple "append"s?
>
> I don't know.  The top of dmesg displays the append arguments in effect;
> perhaps
>
> $ dmesg | grep "Kernel command line"

Thanks to all!

The multiple "append"s don't work: perhaps it is something worthy to be added
to the Debian install manual - that is good indeed in many aspects!

But now I have another problem due to the the change in my yaboot.conf.,
In order to have the X-server working I had to comment the line:

Option              "UseFBDev""True"

in XF86Config-4.
But after the X-server
has started, when I go back to consol, I see the black screen flickering.
Moreover, the machine doesn't snooze correctly any more :-((
I had these problems with older kernels (from 2.4.18), but the 2.4.20-per7-ben0
resolved it: I thought it was due to the kernel, but it seems related to the kernel
parameters (append="hdb=ide-scsi video=ofonly keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1").

Any other precious suggestion?

Guido