Re: CD burning speed in ibook2

Nirmal,

I don't think the issue you mentioned has anything to do with xcdroast
or linux per se.  A little while ago, there was a series of news items
on wwww.xlr8yourmac.com about people experiencing similar problems in OS
X.  I don't remember what the exact outcome was, but I THINK it was due
to the drives detecting imbalances in the recordable media, and slowing
down the burning speed to more reliable speeds where the imperfections
in the media would not affect the integrity of what was recorded ...

cheers
vinai