iBook and heat production

Hi!

I have an iBook2.2 with debian woody, running a 2.4.20benh Kernel. Well, the
iBook is known for its spare use of energy. Certainly true. But of course the
hardware depends on features of the OS to support minimal energy usage. While
Linux is definitely not bad I got the impression that MacOS X is still doing
a little bit better. The reason I'm thinking this is that the surface left to
the trackpad is noticeable warmer when running Linux.  Maybe I'm missing
something? Some setting besides that in /proc/cpufrequ to reduce energy
comsuption a little bit further?

Martin