AW: Building kernel

Hi Ajay,

>  	try
>  http://www.ibooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=ibooklinux.php+record=86.
>  Look for the iBook (not iMac!) benH tree kernel.  This is a precompiled
>  kernel and the config file used in building it is listed there for
> download.
>
>   There is a very good page available
> out there which lists the whole installation process along w/
> config files.
> http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mmsf/ibook.html
I managed to compile the kernel, doing the following steps:
- I've downloaded the source: kernel-source-2.4.20-ben5_10.00.Custom_all.deb
- I've unpacked the source to /usr/src/linux
- Then I've copied the .config file from
  http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mmsf/ibook.html to /usr/src/linux
- Finally I've compiled it the debian way with "make-dpkg kernel_image" and
  installed it with "dpkg -i kernel... .deb"

On the next reboot, I got the following error:

<kernel>
Checking root filesystem...
fsck 1.30-WIP (30-Sept-2002)
fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda11
/dev/hda11:
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
   e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot
</kernel>

I have no idea how to solve this. By the way: the precompiled version of
benh5 works well, except the sleep mode (see my previous post "Problems with
pmu/display"). That's why I wanted to compile it by myself...

>  way you want it.  If you have trouble, post again and I will attach my
>  ..config file that I am using on my ibook2.2 right now.
O that would be fine!

Thank you very much for your help!

Reto

--