RE: Building kernel

Hi Reto,
 	try
 http://www.ibooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=ibooklinux.php+record=86.
 Look for the iBook (not iMac!) benH tree kernel.  This is a precompiled
 kernel and the config file used in building it is listed there for
download.

  There is a very good page available
out there which lists the whole installation process along w/ config files.
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mmsf/ibook.html

 You should read all of the other postings on this mailing list to get
 everything working properly.  I am assuming that you have already setup and
 rsync'd, ben's latest kernel src benH-2.4.20-ben5.  If not, you really
 should.  His stuff is really cutting edge and excellent.
 use the above config file as a guide and cut out or customize any thing the
 way you want it.  If you have trouble, post again and I will attach my
 ..config file that I am using on my ibook2.2 right now.  (I am at work at
the
 moment and can't get to it.)
 but you should be fine.
 I hope you have compiled the kernel before... otherwise it will be a little
 more painful but no big deal.
 good luck.
 ajay