Re: nvidia driver

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 12:41, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> I've been trying some of the latest kernels.  The 2.4.x versions seem to
> work OK except I can't seem to get X to work.  I have a dual proc G4 and
> one CPU is pegged with usage at 99%. Attaching with gdb gives: Attaching
> to process 2925
> 0x106935a4 in ?? ()
> Checking the logs shows no obvious errors that I can find.
>
> I didn't see any address in that range when I nm'd The X server so
> I don't know where that address is.

In gdb, do

call LoaderPrintSymbol(0x106935a4)

and it will print the function to the server log. For better
debuggability, use a static server (#define DoLoadableServer NO in
host.def), beware that AFAIK rivafb and the nv driver are known not to
like each other; you may get better results with OFfb.

linuxppc-dev@lists.linuxppc.org

> And lastly, lastly, Has anyone got a Radeon card in there PPC machine?
> I'm considering getting one because It seems the open source drivers are
> better.

They most definitely are by any measure.