Re: Debian 3 r1 (Woody) PowerMac 7300/200 Sound?

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, tkwm wrote:

> has anyone sound running on one of the 7200/7300/7500s ? And how ?

Not in a 7*00 series, but I do have sound working on my 8500, which
has very similar hardware to the 7500, IIRC. The relevant section in
my kernel config looks like:

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC=y
CONFIG_DMASOUND=y
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_KEYWEST=y
CONFIG_SOUND_BT878=m
.
.
.
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m

and all other options are "not set"  This is for a 2.4.18 kernel whose
source I downloaded from kernel.org.  I don't think you need the "I2C"
options, but at one time, I was maintaining linux on both my 8500 and
laptop, which required the "I2C" options.

For volume control to the all the outputs, I use xmixer.  Works pretty
well, but there's a small annoyance that, for the life of me, I can't
remember right now.

cheers
vinai

P.S. To reply, replace the "4" in my address with "for"