Re: TerraSoft PPC Motherboard.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:30:59PM +1100, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Craig Morehouse wrote:
> >Has anyone tried running Linux on this poard?
> >
> >If successful, please reply both on-list and off, if you don't mind.
>
> Yes. I have the "AmigaOne" PowerPC board. The "Terrasoft" PowerPC board
> (from "MAI") and the AmigaOne are basically the same board, except that
> the AmigaOne has some slight additional stuff.

I also have a Pegasos board based on the same Mai Logic chipset. Linux
(and Debian) is rumored to work well on it, but alas i have not (yet) a
graphic card which will behave well with it (the fbdev drivers are
causing problems for my matrox millenium II). I will be getting a ATI
Radeon board nextly to solve this.

BTW, do someone know if it is possible to install debian using the boot
floppies trough a serial console ? My current attempts makes the serial
console show the kernel boot log all right, and the first debian boot
floppy screen, but when the install dialog is supposed to appear, the
one where you can choose the items, then the serial console does not
respond anymore.

Sven Luther