Re: PowerMac 7300 debian 3r1 X-Server

On  19 Jan, this message from thomas echoed through cyberspace:
>> Do you mean 7200 or 7300? It's different, actually, although for X it
>> doesn't make a difference.
>>
> It's the 7300.
>> Then, in X, you use the fbdev driver.
> yep, that seems to work, but the problem now is the monitor, after startx I see that the monitor switches to graphic-mode, but all I can see
> is "snow". It's a 11 year old Macintosh 16" Color Display. I tried to set it up with xf86config, but that didn't works.
> Maybe someone out there knows how to set up this monitor?

Hm, is that a Multisync monitor at all? I _think_ I remeber it not being
one. Anyway, your best bet is to go look on Aple's support site and find
the exact monitor specs (horizontal and vertical frequency values/ranges
is what you're looking for), and that using that in your X config.

If it is a fixed-frequency monitor, you will need to build a custom
modeline for it. Google a bit around, there are HOWTOs around about how
to do that.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |