Re: Serial port problem

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 13:20, Uwe Hees wrote:
> I have #defined all debugging symbols an compared the debugging output
> of a simple "echo at > /dev/ttyS0" on both machines, the C600 and the
> G3. Unfortunately there is no significant difference.
>
> Is somebody out there who can either reply "I have seen this problem
> before" or "The serial port runs fine on my C600"?

It could be the line drivers not beeing properly enabled. Those are
controlled by "magic" bits in the mac-io ASIC. I don't know the details
about the C600, can you send me a tarball of /proc/device-tree and the
output of /proc/cpuinfo please ?

Also, if you have MacOS (old one, not X), please install MacsBugs and do
a "dm f3000038" in it and tell me the resulting value, when both the
serial port is closed and opened.

Ben.