Re: Serial port problem

Am Freitag, 27.12.02 um 21:07 Uhr schrieb Elizabeth Barham:

   Not that I'm aware of, but there are a few things you can do to try
and pinpoint the source of the error and thus correct it.

   In the serial driver code, drivers/macintosh/macserial.c, are lines
like these:

119 /*
120  * Debugging.
121  */
122 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_INTR
123 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_OPEN
124 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_FLOW
125 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_POWER
126 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_THROTTLE
127 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_STOP
128 #undef SERIAL_DEBUG_BAUDS

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have #defined all debugging symbols an compared the debugging output of a simple "echo at > /dev/ttyS0" on both machines, the C600 and the G3. Unfortunately there is no significant difference.

Is somebody out there who can either reply "I have seen this problem before" or "The serial port runs fine on my C600"?

Uwe