Re: Sarge Apache and PHPSessions

Matthew,

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:50, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I am having a LOT of problems with the sarge/testing version of Apache
> when dealing with PHP Sessions. For the most part, anytime I load a
> PHP application that uses a PHP session, I have login/authentication
> problems. In Mozilla, it gives a "This Document contains no data"
> error, and in IE it gives the standard "This page cannot be loaded."

This appears to be a general problem with PHP4 under powerpc. The bug is
only concerning sessions that are saved as file and a workaround is to
select the "mm" session save handler in your php.ini:

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
#session.save_handler = files
session.save_handler = mm

Of course, the downside is that your sessions don't survive a restart of
your http server.

Hope this helps.

Eric
--