Mouse issue

Does anyone remember anyone actually being able to configure the tracepad for a right-click combination using, say, Ctrl+clicking on the tracepad's button? I went through the archives, but was unsuccessful in finding anything. In fact, some seemed to be saying that this might not even be adviseable.