Control CPU-fan

Hello,

does anybody of you know if there is a possibility to control the cpu
activity in order to prevent the cpu-fan to turn on? I have a TiBook
867mHz, I would have prefered a slower one, exactly because of the
cpu-fan, but they are not produced anymore. Under OS X, I can turn it
off, it never goes on. But on debian it goes on after some minutes and
never goes off...

Thanks for your help

raph

Unix IS user-friendly. It just chooses its friends carefully

clef publique - öffentlicher Schlüssel - public key:
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~proust/raph-pub-key.txt