Re: pmu driver

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:33:54 +0100 (CET)
"Alexander Stagun" <alex@ascii-park.net> wrote:

This talk's gonna go quite OT, but this ml is become a little
reference for all people using ppc stuff, so...

> Got my new battery today...and everything works flawless again. So it
> was definitely a hardware (i.e. battery) problem. When I called Apple
> Europe (actually in Germany), I told them, I did reset the PMU/PRAM
> and booted the Hardware Test-CD. So they finally agreed that it must
> be the battery and sent me a new one -- I did not mention the Linux on
> my ibook though.

When read alexander's message I called apple asking whether they
know this problem yet. They didn't. Before requiring battery replacing a I've been
asked for trying the mine one under MacOS X. Today I used MacOS to whole
day (I didn't remember aqua so delicate :) ), and the problem's been occurred
twice.

I'm about to think that this is a problem of the battery on _this_ (radeon M6) model.
I have another iBook (2001 model), and it did never give such a behavior,
notwithstanding its age.

Since I'm gonna buy still another one (radeon9000) iBook, I'll ask apple
some detail regarding battery on different models. It's been changed
from 2001->2002 (to enlarge capacity, wasn't it?); if it isn't from 2001->radeon9000,
this will be a great Achilles' heel.

When i'll know something more//get some answer, I'll put some info on the pages
you already know (section "linux, as usual), not to tainting this ml with hw pollution.

Private mail, for the rest.

bye