Re: pmu driver

> Mij wrote:
>
> > I'm getting a strange behavior from power resource monitors.
> > Pmud shuts down the machine when the power indicator is
> > still greater than 20%. The strange thing is that when you
> > reboot under ac you see the battery is charging from 0%.
>
> Same problem here, although my ibook even goes down at 80% without any
> warning. When I reboot and recharge it starts with 0%, goes up to 20%
> and suddenly jumps up to 100% again. I am not sure if this a
> kernel/driver issue, but it happened from one day to another and I did
> update my kernel quite often.

Could you guys please run pmud with the -s flag (to keep it from shutting
down on low power, instead signaling init) and keep a log of the /proc/apm
or /proc/pmu/battery_0 readings once every few minutes? I suspect the
critcally low power reading is a rare glitch (and the next reading after
that would be correct again, etc. ...).
Another battery level reading is available from the battery itself at
least on my Powerbook: if the row of LEDs on the battery is down to one
and flashing, power really is low. Otherwise, it's still above 5%. Do the
more flashy models still have these LEDS?

(Note: if I'm wrong, and your machine really is low on power, you may lose
data from running apps if power goes out in the process. Sync your
filesystems, and take care the machine is mostly idle before doing this!)

The 'recharge from 0%' I've also seen on my Lombard but only after
extended sleep...

	Michael