Re: XFree86 4.2.99.2 / radeon 9000

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > On Don, 2002-10-31 at 10:00, Eric Deveaud wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to set up X with a radeon 9000 with a 17'' Apple flat pannel
> > > plugged on ADC
> >
> > Can you try my latest DRI packages from
> > deb	http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/	./
> >
> OK I'll do some testing on tuesday and tell you the results.

well bad news ;-(

using fresh benh rsync-ed kernel, using fresh installed dri-trunk and
fresh compiled readeon.o from drm-trunk.

using a CRT monitor plugged on DVI port X startx OK and I get the
display and fvwm shows-up

using the 17' Apple flat monitor hooked on the ADC connector, it always
ends with a black screen (I guess "signall lost" as the flashing power
ligth on the flat panel means)

the only things /var/log/XFree86.0.log reports is
bulgroz:~ > grep '^(WW)' /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)
(WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not detected in PCI space!
(WW) RADEON(0): Attempting to read Video BIOS from legacy ISA space!
(WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not found!
(WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not detected, using default PLL parameters!

trying to use  Option "UseFBDev" "true" I get the same warnings but I
also get
(EE) RADEON(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument

	Eric

PS if it could matter my XF86Config is visible here
<URL:http://www-alt.pasteur.fr/~edeveaud/Misc/XF86Config-4>

--
Entendu sur France Inter :
Journaliste : Vous préférez cliquer sur le mulot ou sur la souris ?