Re: Issue about the program 'acme'

> > Thanks a lot for your response;
> > the thing is that i had first tried to find a way for having some
> > function to these few drops, they called 'multimedia-buttons', before i
> > had 'sawfish' as my window-manager, but now in "RedHat 8.0" it has
> > changed to 'metacity'. So i had downloaded this program "acme", but i
> > only found given combinations, so i could not find an own value /
> > command pair for to map something to the 'multimedia-button:-) ('keycode
> > 129 = F20', which is the first one on top of the "Inspiron8000" notebook
> > from "Dell"). Then i went to the last column of 'acme' for the music

Last time I checked, Dell wasn't selling PPC notebooks. Weird.

> > recorder of "Gnome" and drop that button to map it, but the result was
> > nothing and after closing "acme" i couldn't start again. Anyway then i
> > had got a tip about the 'gconf-editor' where it is possible to set an
> > own combination what i've done with these drops 'keycode 129, .., 132';
> > after restart i was looking for 'acme' but by starting the program i get
> > this message that may be another program is used this multimedia-button
> > 129 and 'acme' didn't start.
> > So i had tried to deinstall the program.
>
> Could any German speaker take care of this lad's problem ?

That wasn't German ...

> I've written acme, but I don't understand jack of what he's saying. Or
> even why he's mailing debian-powerpc about a problem on RH8...

AFAICT he's been trying to reconfigure acme's key bindings but acme
refused to start up apparently because there was an instance of acme still
left running.

Not knowing acme, it's hard to be of more help. Do other apps register
with acme to claim certain key bindings? Maybe that's why acme wouldn't
quit??

	Michael