Re: Installer doesn't see the drive on a dual 867

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Pan wrote:

> I just got a new dual proc 867 and I wanted to install debian on it.

done the same on a dual 1.25

> I downloaded one of the network install images and after burning it, I
> rebooted the machine. It boots fine, but... it doesn't see hda... no
> hard drive.

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? or if this is a know bug...

You don't do anything wrong, no it's not a bug, it's a feature ;-))
the kernel used on yhe installer CD does not support ATA100.
you have to move your disk on the ATA66 bus bus, and everything will go
smoothly.

note that the new BenH kernel branch supports the ATA 100 bus, and you
can plug a disk to the ATA 100 bus abd use it (35/45 Mb/sec)

but BenH recommend to not use the disk for important datas (as the whole
system is)

	Eric

--
 Les gens sérieux et raisonnables n'utilisent pas de kill-file.
 -+- GM in <http://www.le-gnu.net> : Soyons ridicule jusqu'au bout -+-