Re: New Ibook out today- possible problems?

> Well, my iBook seems to have some problems trying to keep up
> with decoding DVDs in software. :-(

I believe I have the same iBook as you (white dual-USB, 600MHz).  At one
point I was running a self-compiled xine and my iBook played DVDs fine.
I recently replaced my xine installation with the one provided as a part
of the Debian project and now my laptop can't keep up.

I have not had the time to determine what has changed, but it is on my
list of things to do.  I believe that our iBooks do have the ability to
play back DVDs perfectly (I've seen it).

--
Mike

:wq