Re: New Ibook out today- possible problems?

<snip>

> > but I've heard they'res some problems with the 7500 and sleep. Can
> > anyone comment?
>
> It simply doesn't work yet, we don't have enough information on how to
> put the chip to sleep and wake it up properly.

Ok, I'm going to setup an email address to collect petitions for ATI,
which I'll announce shortly on this list; and perhaps the regular debian ppc
list as well.

Michel, do you or Ben have any suggestions as to what
would motivate ATI as far as what data we should collect?  I'm thinking
just model, video card chipset, email address, and a short
blurb like "I sure would buy more ATI stuff if there was linux support".
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Brett