Re: Where to find these settings?

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 05:12:29PM -0700, Marc Stergionis wrote:
> OK, Woody running well on stock 8600.
>
> I can't remember the config file to allow apt-get to use unstable
> directories (ie. to get newer versions than stable).

You can answer this with man apt-get.

> Also can I get back to dual boot via BootX? I must've not quite
> caught that the install was going to take over booting with no
> options. I have Mac OS on one internal drive, Woody on the other, of
> course Mac OS gives me BootX' Mac or Linux boot option, but my
> current setup bypasses that somehow.

With quik, you don't get a dual-boot option. However, I find it works
pretty well, assuming your display shows the OpenFirmware prompt to:

nvsetenv auto-boot? false

Then, when you reboot, you get the OF prompt. To go ahead into Linux,
type boot; for MacOS, type bye.

If you're unlucky and the machine doesn't show the prompt, then use
Ctrl-Apple-P-R during the startup chime to reset the parameter RAM
which will allow MacOS to boot. Then set up BootX.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |