Re: g4/867 || iBook + Debian || someOtherLinux

On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 02:52, Debian User wrote:

> it's ok for that, it's done and i've modprobe the module...but nothing has
> changed, I've testes my OpenGL programm, it's the same, the motion is very
> very bad...

If direct rendering is reported as enabled in the server log, try running an
OpenGL program with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose. At first guess, it's a permissions
problem, what does your XF86Config DRI section look like?

> and i've tested tuxracer...it doesn't works at all...there is an
> horizontal band on my screen wich is hotest and hotest, and if i don't quit
> tuxracer my screen were broken....

You probably have smaller resolutions on the Modes line in the display
subsection, and tuxracer is switching to one of them? Only the panel's
native resolution works.