Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Tom Gall wrote:

> Ummm you do realize you're not going to get any output from the system unless
> you have configured linux to use a serial console. (ie not just your kernel
> param but also  set your inittab)

Support for console on serial port is compiled into the kernel, as are the
appropriate bootargs.

Now what I'm trying to do is start the Debian woody installer.  Other
people (Rolf springs to mind) seem to have had success starting that from the
serial port, so I guess the inittab in the woody root ramdisk supports
this.

Thanks for all the other RS/6000 stuff you mentioned, it warrants a close
read.

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Planitis Communications Ltd.,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 45 65 00              Office 102, 11 Florinis Street,  |
|   web:   www.planitis.net                             Nicosia CY 1065,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@planitis.net           Republic  of Cyprus.  |