Re: startx on NuBus Mac gives Fatal server error

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 12:01:50AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> At 11:11 pm +0200 12/8/02, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> >'No such device' means there's no driver for it. I don't know if
> >/dev/input/mice is supported on Nubus Macs, maybe you need something like
> >/dev/adbmouse with the BusMouse protocol?
> Thanks Michel - I've made some progress ;-)
>
> In dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 I selected ttyS0 (serial mouse) -
> there was no adbmouse available?  Nor did I see anywhere to configure
> BusMouse protocol.  However, I am at least getting something like
> Gnome appearing with v.weird colours and no mouse movement.  I can't
> switch terminals with Apple + Fn but Tab/arrow keys seem to take me
> around the desktop but not in any way that's useful.

To switch from X to a console, use Control-Option-Fn.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |