Re: SCSI emulation option rejected by the kernel.

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 08:08:53PM +0100, William R Sowerbutts wrote:
> Exclude IDE CD ROM support from the kernel, and include IDE SCSI emulation
> support instead. Also include SCSI CD ROM support. Then there is no need for
> these boot-time options, since the IDE layer passes the ATAPI device directly
> to the SCSI CD ROM drivers (since there is no IDE CD ROM driver to accept it).

The question is why.

Before I had the same kernel configuration than now, but there is
something it has changed in an stable release.

With rc5-ben0 the ide-scsi option was accepted by the kernel. Now it
says you have to use hdX=scsi option instead.

None of them work, and it means I have to change my kernel
configuration.

I think that is crap. It means something is wrong along the way.
Something that should not be...

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

My idea of Heaven is a solid white nightclub with me as a headliner for all
eternity, and they LOVE me.
		--Father Dyer (The Exorcist)