Re: SCSI emulation option rejected by the kernel.

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:40:57PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:

> After upgrading to 2.4.19-ben0 I am having the following problem:
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda4 ro hdb=scsi hdb=ide-scsi
> ide_setup: hdb=scsi -- BAD OPTION
> ide_setup: hdb=ide-scsi -- BAD OPTION
>
> Neiher the former nor the documented form of the kernel parameter work,
> driving my CD-RW drive to be usable only as reader.
>
> Anyone with the same problem/experiences?

First, did you compile ide-scsi support into the kernel or as a module?
'hdx=scsi' is only valid, if compiled into the kernel and not as a
module.  Did you compile ide-cd support into the kernel or as a module?
If it's a module, you don't need to do anything on the command line,
just set up /etc/modutils/aliases to have:
alias scsi_hostadapter  ide-scsi
And then just use /dev/sr0 as you would for a 'real' SCSI cd drive.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/