Re: Cannot boot woody

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 08:25:10PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 10:46:32AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 09:00:11AM -0700, Marvin Germain wrote:
> > > After installing woody on a powerbase 180 with a G4 upgrade card, the first time I tried to boot up I got the following errors:
> > >
> > > --> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 62: elf-get-dynamic-info: Assertion '!"bad dynamic tag"' failed !
> > >
> > > After ten of these messages, booting stops with the message:
> > >
> > > --> INIT: ld "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> > >
> > > ..and after five minutes the messages repeat.   Are there some kernel options I should be using?  Or should I reformat the
> > > drive and try again ?
> >
> > It mentions elf, which makes me think it might be a filesystem problem.
>
> What does elf have to do with filesystem?

Well, from what little I understand, when a process is trying to
figure out what kind of file an executable is, it might try to read
its elf header.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |