Horrible sound then waking up ibook from sleep

Hi, the first time it happened, about 1.5 week ago, I thought it was
just a odd thing. But now it happened again last evening.

I have a ibook2 600 Mhz and now two times it has produced a _very_ loud
and totally horrible sound when waking up from sleep. It's hard to
describe the sound, it's like a mix between a very loud firealarm and
the sound you get when a microphone is too close to the speakers
(whatever that is called in English). Except for the sound the machine
wakes up fine, the display is restored, I can use the mouse and keyboard
etc. This last time I tried to change the volume settings but it didn't
affect the sound at all. The only fast and effective way I've found to
get rid of it is to press the small reset button.

This doesn't happen every time I wake it up from sleep, just once in
like 40-50 times. So something must go wrong the odd time it does
happen, the question is what. I have the sound support compiled as a
kernel module and I was thinking that it could maybe have something to
do with that in combination with me having the KDE sound server running.
That then the ibook goes to sleep the sound modules are unloaded from
beneath the KDE sound server and during the wake up the sound modules
are re-inserted and this somehow in some cases messed up the KDE sound
server completely.

I've now disabled the sound server and it will be interesting to see if
this happens again. Does anyone else have any suggestions what could be
causing this?

Regards,
Joakim

--