Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY and BenH Kernel on New ibooks.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 06:09:43PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >"radeonfb" where? Inthe kernel append or in the XF86Config-4 file?
>
> In the kernel
>
> >I have used fbset -x, but in the append I have "aty128fb" which works
> >quite ok, using the "fbdev" as driver for X: 1024x768 nonaccel.
>
> aty128fb ? on an M6 ? That can't work ;)
>
> Your kernel arg is probably beeing ignored. Look at dmesg to see what
> driver is beeing really used.

Your are right. It's being ignored. It uses radeonfb.

> In X, just use "ati" driver (or "radeon").

I have tried both, with no results. I have used both "fbset -x" and the
parser. It does not work properly, having to reboot the system every
time I try it.

I have a downloaded config file. Do not remember from where.

Anyone has a similar configuration and can share the file to try it?

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
www.HispaLinux.es/~data/ || www.simauria.upv.es/~data/
Please, encrypt mail address to me. Download my public
key from http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/public.gpg.txt
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19