Re: xfree86 with nvidia card, ppc woody

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 03:28:59PM -0500, Scott Royston wrote:
> Has anybody gotten xfree up and running with an nvidia card, with the
> latest ppc woody version?

I tried a week ago with the then-current XFree86 CVS tree.  I got the X
stuff built and installed, and it actually did run.  However, X would
crash the machine the second time it started (i.e. I'd start the X
server, kill it, and start it again).  It was entirely consistant
behavior.  This makes me think that you're probably better off waiting
if you hope to get anything useful done in X.

I will try again when I get back from the USENIX conference, 3000 miles
from home.

noah