yaboot e.a. on IBM 7248-133 (PReP)?

Hi all,

it's me again ;)

How do i get woody booting from hd on this IBM PReP system? What
happened until now:

Gerhard Kroder wrote:

> Last, but not least, i gave carolina_bootimage_2.2.18_with_fb a try,
> workes fine instead of boot.bin. Currently i try to continue install
> process with root.bin...

After some weirdnesses with this, i finally have woody running  on my
7248-133. I still use these "carolina..." image, booting with a floppy
disk. I couldn't get the "make bootable" option get done what is should
during base floppy installation. So i looked around in the later running
system and found man pages for yabootconfig, ybin, mkoboot ea. i created
with yabootconfig a base /etc/yaboot.conf, added nonvram and fstype=raw,
as man page tells. i created a bootable "typ 41" partiton of 2 mb with
cfdisk during installation as /dev/sda1, which should then carry the
bootloader i tried to install with mkoboot. But it didn't work. When
rebooting, the systeme want to eat the original SMS floppy disk.

So, how do i make my PReP system boot from HD? Is yaboot good for this?

--
MfG

  Gehard Kroder