Re: RS/6000 43P-133 scsi timeout with boot floppies

Alberto 'JCN-9000' Varesio wrote:

> Gerhard Kroder wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > finally i'm trying to get woody on my 43P-133, using current boot disk
> > set (as of May 16).
> > What's the problem here? Any hints?
> >

> Maybe those images aren't the best ones :(
> Have you tried other boot images ?

gave potato images a try, same problem. No images for sid or unstable on
regular debian mirror area. Do not really want to try other
distributions, but if i can't get debian running, i'll give others a try
;-(

> I managed to install my 43P-100 some time ago using boot images from
> Ingvar Hagelund's site.

> IIRC you can use that boot image and feed it with
> the debian ramdisk.
> This is a good document to read along with Debian ones ...
>    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IBM7248-HOWTO/index.html

known.

> And this is a good list to ask questions too:
>    linuxppc-workstation@lists.linuxppc.org
> And a site: http://www.penguinppc.org/

probably won't help for debian boot problems...

--
MfG

  Gehard Kroder