Re: Problems with fonts in Gnome/GTK

Hi

> Hey there all, I'm having a problem of sorts here, I just
> installed gnome1.4 via apt-get, and now anything that uses
> glade, or gtk for its UI interface bits, prints almost ALL
> the text in the menus, and dialogs as a bunch of little boxes,
> made of dotted lines, when I was running YDL, deleting my
> ~/.gtkrc took care of this, but no such beastie exists in Debian,
> anybody have any idea how to fix this??????

I suspect the the Debian Gnome list might be more appropriate, but you
might want to try deleting ~/.gnome* as a quick dirty fix (maybe).

Are you running the gdkxft hack?  If so I know I've had some problems
rendering certain fonts.

Matt

--
--------Chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is done--------