Re: Reinstalling Debian Woody

Sure, a link from the install notes to the CD FAQ would be good.  A short
paragraph with the highlights plus a link would be even better.  Keep in
mind that (at least 3 years ago) your average web page has 20 links.  So
the likelihood that a new person will 'click their way forth' to the right
page diminishes geometrically with each layer:

        0 = 100.00%
        1 =   5.00%
        2 =   0.25%
        3 =   0.125% and so on

Yes, I'd really like to test the bootable CD.

-Lars

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:55:18AM +0200, Lars D. Nood?n wrote:
[snip]
> > For me, the hard part was finding which ISO image to use *and* which CD
> > burner to ask the support staff for.  In this case it was the rescue CD
> > and Roxio Toast (which had to be dug out of storage and installed).
> >
> > Section 4.2.3, "Where to Find Installation Files", seems to focus only on
> > floppy images.  Section 4.1 mentions the official bootable cds[1].
> > After that there is no (obvious) mention in section 4 of CDs or common
> > Macintosh software for burning ISO images.
>
> www.debian.org/CD/faq makes an effort to address this subject. Maybe we
> could link there?
[snip]