Any tutorial for users moving from another distros?

Hi!

I have used Linux many many years, but only those RedHat-like, rpm-based distributions. I have several computers (iMac with YDL2.2, a couple of PCs running RedHat etc), but 3 weeks ago none of them were running Debian. 2 months ago I purchased used oldworld PowerMac 7200/90/32 mt (about 85 EUR) and after several weeks of hard work I found out that none of my "familiar" distros really worked on it (MandrakePPC, Yellowdog)...
So decided to switch to Debian.
Wow! Installation and everything worked so well that I installed Debian also to my iMac with same success.
But...
There is a lot of small differences, compared to RedHat-like systems. A good example is missing /etc/sysconfig -directory. How can I change my IP-adress without ifcfg-eth0 -file? I think I am not only one how is a little confused with Debian. I'm really happy with Debian fundamental philosophy, and in the long run I will perhaps switch all my machines to Debian. But what I need now is good practical tutorial for ex-redhat-users. What has changed, and how can I wash all that RedHat-spesific stuff out of my head, and how to learn The Debian Way...

Any URLs, please?

-jkarjanl