Re: booting problems!

> I'm trying to get a powerbook G3 (wallstreet, oldworld) to boot from
> the harddrive with no success.
>
> What partitioning program should i use when creating partitions on
> such a computer? cfdisk or mac-fdisk? they dont seem to recognize each
> others partitions..

mac-fdisk, and you'll need to keep a MacOS partition as the wallstreet
will need to use BootX if it's really oldworld.

Please note that it is possible to have two (different) partition tables
on disk, one from cfdisk and one from mac-fdisk. No idea which one OF
prefers but the Linux kernel prefers the cfdisk one if present (and
ignores the second). Interesting fun may be had by having one cfdisk
partition overlap the pmac-fdisk MacOS partition at install time.

> when installing quik (i suppose i should use it, documentation says so) do i need to do
> any open firmware changes (i heard that there is something called open firmware, but i have no clue)?

I don't think quik will work.

	Michael