Re: simple question: which is 'compose' key on macintosh?

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 10:57, Luis M wrote:

> I have not been able to figure out where the 'Compose' (Multi_key) is for
> the Macintosh keyboard. I saw that the 'us' file in the macintosh directory
> says 'FIXME' and it commented out the Multi_key keycode... does this mean
> that there is no 'compose' key for the Macintosh keyboard layout?
> maybe it's mapped somewhere else, I'm not sure. If anybody knows, please,

daenzer@tibook> xmodmap -pk|grep Multi_key                             ~
    115    	0xffe7 (Meta_L)	0xff20 (Multi_key)

So it's shift-apple/cmd.

Oh, and while we're at it, I noticed this:

daenzer@tibook> xmodmap -pk|grep Mode_switch                           ~
     64    	0xffe9 (Alt_L)	0xff7e (Mode_switch)

So shift-alt/option is the 'AltGr' a lot of people are desperately
looking for. :)