Re: Can't view partitions - Installation screen too small

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:13:22AM -0400, William Brennan wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've been struggling for the past several weeks trying to install Debian
> on my new Quicksilver Mac.  Finally, today I was able to get to the
> installation screen.  But there is a problem...
>
> The default screen used is primitive, with a super-large-font, and of
> limited dimension (80chars x 25 lines?).  Must be VGA mode.
>
> I'm trying to use mac-fdisk within this installation script to
> re-partition my drive.  (If there's a way to do the repartitioning
> outside of this installation, that would be fine, too.)  But since there
> are already about 14 partitions supplied by the MacOSes, when I try to
> view the existing partitions (via the mac-fdisk 'p' command), the first
> 5 partitions very quickly scroll off the top of the screen.  I want to

I hope Michel's advice works. If not, you should be able to use
Shift-PgUp to see the lines that just scrolled off the top. With some
video drivers, they get corrupted; but Shift-PgDown Shift-PgUp usually
seems to clear it up.

Another point is that you don't need to actually delete any partitions
to get them in the right order. After you've used b to create the bootstrap
partition, just use the r command to reorder it to 2.