Can't view partitions - Installation screen too small

Folks,

I've been struggling for the past several weeks trying to install Debian on my new Quicksilver Mac. Finally, today I was able to get to the installation screen. But there is a problem...

The default screen used is primitive, with a super-large-font, and of limited dimension (80chars x 25 lines?). Must be VGA mode.

I'm trying to use mac-fdisk within this installation script to re-partition my drive. (If there's a way to do the repartitioning outside of this installation, that would be fine, too.) But since there are already about 14 partitions supplied by the MacOSes, when I try to view the existing partitions (via the mac-fdisk 'p' command), the first 5 partitions very quickly scroll off the top of the screen. I want to create an 800kb Apple Bootstrap early in the partition list, as directed by the Debian installation manual, but am very reluctant to play with partitions where I can't even see them!

Ideally, could someone direct me how to get more characters on my screen for installation, so I can view my partition map? (I've got an ATI Radeon 7500 card) Or suggest another way to do the partitioning outside of the Linux installation.

(I tried pdisk running under MacOSX, but I couldn't figure out the name of my disk device: /dev/hda didn't work, even though it works for the Linux installer.)

Any help would be appreciated.  I want my Debian!

-- Bill
brennan@netaxs.com