Re: capslock fix for powerbooks

>>>>> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:50:54 -0400, Josh Huber <huber@debian.org> said:

j> I'm seeing the usual pattern -- keydown event with no keyup event, and
j> the next time and key up event with no corresponding key down event.

j> I don't need to use ADB keycodes for this to work, do I? (I hope
j> not...)

        I think you're using my version of the patch.  I compile
with:

CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID=y
CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y

but run with:

/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

set to 1

        You can try checking if your keyboard generates the raw
0xff keycode during the "missing" caps lock key up/down events.  The
patch needs this for it to work.  In drivers/macintosh/adb.c:adb_input(),
set "dump_adb_input" to 1 and watch your syslog when you press the
caps lock key.  (You can do this at run time with xmon.)

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net