Re: benh work on quik?

>I'll try to hack on this next week-end, I'll let you know. I'm not
>completely sure yet what is broken, but I do have some clues, I want
>to fix first.b to be able to load yaboot ELF, though if that ends up
>bloating it too much, I'll revert to generating a special yaboot
>binary format that is simpler to load & parse.

BTW, This leads me to a question. Did any of you actually tried the
various OF patches provided by Apple along with Darwin/OSX bootloader
and how well/bad they cope with quik ?

It would make sense for ybin to be able to install the appropriate
OF patch along with first.b/yaboot on oldworld; though the patch
themselves would have to be distributed separately for licence reasons.
(And that would also make easier for people to eventually write GPLd
ones).

That would allow more machines to reliably OF boot in the end, which
I prefer a lot over BootX for a lot of reasons.

Ben.