Re: two sound questions

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:53:53AM -0600, Thomas Peri wrote:
> Another thing: switching to esound has introduced a one-second delay in
> xmms between clicking stop and the music actually stopping.  Same for
> volume.  Any thoughts on this?

ESD is not well designed. You'll note the audio is not well synced to
any vis stuff that XMMS is doing. It's just not possible, because
there's no kind of synchronization provision. I'm pretty sure that in
the case of stopping playback, until ESD's playback buffer is empty, it
doesn't stop.

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN