Re: Sharing disk space between MacOS * [was X] and Linux

At 10:07 AM +0200 4/9/02, Francois Taiani wrote:
(Mind: My desktop is permanently connected to a LAN, and I use 2 fixed IP adresses, for Linux, and mol. I'm afraid such a solution would not be tractable with other configurations.)

It is fairly easy (instruction can be found by searching the MOL archives) to use iptables or some such to set MOL up on a virtual network device provided by the Linux side, and then have Linux route it to the outside world. I have such a setup, and when I switch IP addresses in Linux, networking in MOL continues to work transparently. I have also recently found that in addition to mounting disks from the linux side on the same machine, I can also use AppleShare over IP from MOL to mount real remote servers on to my MOL desktop.