Re: Sharing disk space between MacOS * [was X] and Linux

Hi,

I also have to share a disk between MacOS (9 in my case instead of X, actually running on Linux with mol) and Linux, and I ran into similar problems as those described by Will. The solution I finally adopted was to install an appletalk service on the Linux system, and access it from mol (OS 9) as a distant server.

(Mind: My desktop is permanently connected to a LAN, and I use 2 fixed IP adresses, for Linux, and mol. I'm afraid such a solution would not be tractable with other configurations.)

It happens to be the most stable solution so far that allows me to share files concurrently between MacOS and Linux, and unspite of the apparently weird appletalk work around, the performance are quite OK for my use.

Francois