Re: clock problems

     Okay. I have asked around and it appears that hwclock is mangled
on the ppc and will screw up on daylight savings time (giving times
that are one hour too low). Apparently this has been discussed before
and the problem is tickled by the use of localtime (with utc for the
clock being suggested as a fix). I find this all strange since Yellow
Dog Linux doesn't have this problem with their distro and they use
localtime. So for the moment it appears that the only solution is to
use ntp/ntp-simple/ntpdate to force the time correction on every boot
...UGLY. This problem should be discussed more before woody ships
in case we can come up with some way of fixing hwclock for the ppc.
                     Jack