keyboard problems with macally ikey

I use a macally ikey keyboard, and I've noticed two problems.

a) The LEDs are wacky. they start off all un-lit, but when I enable num-lock, they all turn on. Disabling num-lock doesn't turn any of them off, but when caps-lock is enabled, the num-lock LED turns off. When I disable caps-lock, the num-lock LED comes back on.

b) When typing very fast, I notice that certain sets of three keys pressed in rapid succession produce diplicate or dropped keystrokes. It only happens with certain sets of keystrokes, particulatly with the "i" key (maybe this is macally's idea of a joke :). For example, the word "time" often comes out as "timme", "tieme", or "timie". Other words consistently have letters dropped from them, but I can't think of any right now. And it isn't just me, or just my keyboard; it doesn't happen to me in Mac OS, and it happens to other people using my computer.

Has anyone seen either of these problems and know how to solve them?

Thanks

Thomas