Re: firewire harddisk

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 13:32, jonas bandi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use my firewire harddisk with linux. Can anybody point
> me to information how to do that?

You need a patched 2,2 kernel or a later 2.4 kernel (2.4.19-preX-ben0
from ppckernel.org) and the sbp2 module (You will also need scsi disk
support)

I needed to update the 2.4 kernel from woody bootdisks version 3.0.19
(That had a 2.4.16 kernel I think) before my firewire drive was
detected.

You will need the package scsiadd to (Well I did) and rescan the scsi
bus once the disk is connected and the module is inserted.

.

You may also like to see the archive of this list and look for this
email: