Re: Installing onto a powerbook for the first time

Hello,

I have a configuration running on my powerbook g4 with mac os x, mac os 9 and linux on one single hd (the built-in one). At boot time i can select which operating system i want to have (using yaboot). The only important thing regarding booting is that you don't select the startup volumes under mac os x or mac os 9 any longer as the will erase yaboot.

As i don't know exactly what your problem is, i suggest that you boot from cd-rom into your installed debian system, configure yaboot properly (i can send you my config file if you think it would be helpful), run ybin -v and reboot.

About an additional disk, i can't give you any information, but i think that there *could* be problems booting from it.

Hope it helps,

Daniel