Re: Sax2 revisited

On Die, 2002-03-19 at 13:43, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2001/debian-x-200110/msg00001.html

Oh, I participated. :)

> In any case, has anyone built XFree86 4.2.0 with success on Debian?

Yes. As soon as time permits, I'll make binary snapshots available.

> If so, does it take care of the TiBook problem?

No.

> Also, for this feedback to come to use, is there any list or issue
> tracking system where experiences lilke these can be submitted?

debian-x or the BTS.

>  From what I've seen, sax2 lets you explicitly specify eg. 1152x768,
> whereas xf86cfg does not, at least I haven't managed both to set that
> resolution and have X work properly.

As I've said, the stock XFree86 doesn't contain any 1152x768 modes, so
either SuSE patches theirs or sax2 generates custom modes. Both of which
we could do just as well without porting sax2.